Tata Imagination Challenge 2022 invites college students across India and Tata employees anywhere in the world to share an idea that can make a difference.
About Tata Imagination Challenge 2022
Do you have an idea that inspires you? One that you strongly believe in? Do you think your imagination can make a difference in the world?
Then, the Tata Imagination Challenge 2022 is for you. India’s largest competition that’s open to all college students across the country (Student Track) as well as all Tata group employees across the world (In-House Track).
Rules for eligibility
The only qualification you need for participation is a passion for your ideas and the will to pursue them. If you can bet your imagination can add value and make a difference in the world, or if you have the solution for a tough problem and want to meet the best version of yourself, then the Tata Imagination Challenge 2022 is for you!
Eligibility for Student Track
You are eligible for this track if:
- You are a college-going student (undergraduate or postgraduate) from any stream in any part of India
- You are currently a full-time student
- You have completed 10+2 schooling or equivalent
- You are enrolled for a regular or full-time course, undergraduate (UG) or postgraduate (PG), in a university/college in India
- You are pursuing courses approved by AICTE or UGC or 1-year management courses by business schools
- Your classes have begun for the current academic year
You are not eligible for this track if:
- You have been offered admission, but your classes haven’t started
- You have enrolled in a correspondence/distance education course
- You have already passed out of your college or completed your course
- You are not a full-time student
- You are a student on sabbatical from your current employer
Eligibility for Employee Track
You will be eligible for this track if:
You are a permanent employee of any Tata company or Tata Joint Venture company, globally (including those who are on sabbatical).
You’re not eligible for this track if:
- You are a working professional who is not on the permanent rolls of a Tata group company or a Tata Joint Venture company.
- You are on the rolls of the JV partner of a Tata Joint Venture company.
Warm up for the competition with an online Treasure Hunt mapping the Tata universe.
(This is not a preliminary round)
Round 1: Tata Brand Stories
How well do you know the Tata brands? Answer 20 multiple-choice questions in 30 minutes to test your knowledge of Tata companies, brands, and stories
Round 2: Gamified Assessment
Participants who qualify move on to the next round, where you enjoy an interactive and exciting 30-minute gamified assessment.
Round 3: Video Pitch
Record and send us a two-minute video pitch for your idea, detailing the problem you wish to address and explaining your proposed solution. The videos should be face to camera, saved in .MP4 format and less than 10 MB in file size. You can convert and compress your videos at https://www.ps2pdf.com/compress-mp4
Also, answer three questions on your idea in an asynchronous format.
Idea Buddy Phase
In this journey you are not alone! Each candidate shortlisted after Round 3 will be matched with a young Tata leader. Your ‘Idea Buddy’ will help you develop and polish your presentation for the next round.
Round 4: Finale
This is where you and your idea take center stage. Finalists will present an ‘Elevator Pitch’ of their idea to a panel of senior Tata leaders, and a ‘Personal Pitch’ on their life and career aspirations. This may be in person or virtually, depending on the situation.
Your idea will be evaluated on the following parameters:
- Originality of thought
- Robustness of the solution
- Approach adopted
- Entrepreneurial mindset
- Knowledge about the idea and all the aspects being presented during the final pitch
Awards & Prizes
- Accelerated entry into TAS*
- Cash prize of Rs. 2.00 lakh each
- Tata Trail: In-person visits and conversations at some of our iconic companies
- Vouchers and discounts from Tata brands
- Access to Tata Tomorrow University – Our learning portal (www.tmtctata.com)
- Nomination to flagship learning programs
*As per TAS eligibility criteria
- Popular Choice Awards: Top 3 ideas to be awarded by Popular Choice. In this round, all ideas will be open for voting and the 3 most-voted ideas will receive prizes. This will be independent of the jury assessments.
- Certificate of Participation for top scorers in each discipline in Round 1.
- #settleformore Idea: Apart from the participants and ideas that make it to Round 3, unique ideas would be identified, acknowledged and Tata brand vouchers will be awarded
- Certificate of Appreciation for participants of Round 3
- Tata brand vouchers for Treasure Hunt winners
How to Register?
Interested applicants can apply for the challenge through this link.