Applications are invited for PhD Admission 2023-24 at Panjab University, Chandigarh. The last date of application is 29 September.
Applications are invited for admission to PhD programme in Computer Science and Engineering/ Electronics and Communication Engineering/ Information Technology for Academic Year 2023-24.
Digital India Corporation (DIC), Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology (MeitY), Govt. of India has granted scholarships under the scheme titled “Visvesvaraya PhD Scheme for Electronics & IT- Phase II”. The major features of the scheme for the full-time scholars are given below:
About PU Chandigarh
One of the oldest Universities in India, the Panjab University (PU) initiated at Lahore in 1882, has a long tradition of pursuing excellence in teaching and research in science and technology, humanities, social sciences, performing arts and sports. The University supports excellence and innovation in academic programmes, promotes excellence in research, scholarship and teaching.
The University is committed to attract and support the best students and faculty, who excel at teaching and research. In independent India, Panjab University with its Campus at Chandigarh and nearly 202 affiliated colleges in Punjab state and Chandigarh U.T., has served various societal needs with distinction.
- Computer Science and Engineering: 01
- Electronics and Communication Engineering: 02
- Information Technology: 02
Qualification and admission procedure will be the same as that of regular PhD admissions as per Panjab University Rules: Check here.
Interested candidates can apply online via this page.
- Fellowship: Rs. 38,750/- per month in 1st & 2nd year and Rs. 43,750/- per month in 3rd, 4th and 5th years of PhD (support till PhD completion or 5 years whichever is earlier).
- Reimbursement of Rent (RoR): As per Panjab University norms.
- Annual contingency and Infrastructure grant will also be provided as per the Visvesvaraya PhD scheme rules and regulations.
Last date for submission of applications is, September 29, 2023.