Digital India Corporation invites applications for Data Analyst Posts. All BCA, BSc in Maths, Economics or Statistics graduates can apply for this post. The last date for this application is June 3, 2023.
About Digital India Corporation
Digital India Corporation (DIC) has been set up by the Ministry of Electronics & Information Technology (MeitY), Government of India, to innovate, develop, and deploy ICT and other emerging technologies for the benefit of the common man. It is a not-for-profit Company under Section 8 of the Companies Act, 2013.
The Digital India programme promotes safety and security concerns of the growing cashless economy and addresses challenges confronting its wider acceptance,
- IndiaAI is an Independent Business Division under DIC.
- IndiaAI aims to catalyse AI for the social good ecosystem in India while supporting innovation, research, and capacity building in the field of Artificial Intelligence.
Number of Posts
- The Data Analyst will play a key role in the future of IndiaAI.
- He/she will be responsible for operationalising efforts towards transforming the data management practices of the ministry/department to improve the quality and use of public sector data and catalyse the data-based research and innovation ecosystem.
- The Data Analysts will be dedicated to the pursuit of building capacity throughout the end-to-end data value chain in Ministries/Departments for the purposes of AI-based innovation.
- Ensure compliance with relevant data policies/guidelines/rules as set forth by the Data Management Office (when established) or any other Government of India agency;
- Streamline data collection practices and systems within the host Ministry/Department/Agency;
- Ensure data integrity and accurate record-keeping by supporting data collection and management efforts (data entry into electronic formats, SOP-based data verification);
- Create, maintain, and improve the quality of data repositories for the host Ministry/Department/Agency;
- Perform data analysis for cleaning data, and generation of insights;
- Perform quality assurance checks on datasets;
- Maintain detailed documentation on data management decisions and technical work;
- Work on cross-sectoral initiatives across governments to extract data from data warehouses and other back-end systems;
- Develop data feeds and automated reporting through dashboarding;
- Stay up-to-date with industry trends and best practices in data management, data analysis and visualization;
- Develop and ensure the adoption of data storage, archival and deletion SOPs in alignment with relevant government policies/guidelines/rules.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, mathematics, economics, statistics or related fields from a recognized university/institute;
- Certifications in data analytics, data science, and data/information management are preferred by a recognized university/institute.
Required Skill Sets & Experience
- 2-3 years of data management and analysis experience, preferably in the software or technology industry;
- Familiar with cleaning, coding, merging, and analyzing large and complex quantitative data files in Python, R;
- Detail-oriented with a focus on data quality and accuracy;
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills;
- Strong experience in building complex SQL queries and schema building Advanced Excel/Google
- Sheets & Macros knowledge.
- Screening of applications will be based on qualifications, age, academic record and relevant experience.
- Digital India Corporation reserves the right to fix a higher threshold of qualifications and experience for screening and limiting the number of candidates for interviews.
- Only shortlisted candidates shall be invited for selection interviews.
- Digital India Corporation reserves the right not to select any of the candidates without assigning any reason thereof.
- The details can be downloaded from the official website of DIC, NeGD, MyGov, & MeitY viz.
www[dot]dic[dot]gov[dot]in, www[dot]negd[dot]gov[dot]in, www[dot]mygov[dot]in, & www[dot]meity[dot]gov[dot]in
How to Apply?
Interested candidates can apply through this link.
Last date of Receipt of Applications: June 3, 2023
- The place of posting shall be in New Delhi but transferable to project locations of Digital India Corporation as per the existing policy of Digital India Corporation.